- acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives;
- setting out, levelling and surveying the site;
- checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations;
- ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications;
- overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant;
- agreeing a price for materials, and making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project;
- managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect;
- liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws;
- liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress;
- day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors;
- planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines;
- overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site;
- preparing reports as required;
- resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
How to Apply
- Sign-in or Register for an account.
- Update your resume.
- While viewing a job you are interested in, click on "Apply Now" to apply for that particular job.
- Your application process is complete and your resume will be passed on to the Recruiter.