We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Middle East LLC in the GCC for a:
PROJECT MANAGER / DIRECTOR
This is an opportunity for you to be leader of team and establish project planning that will support the overall project objectives.
Your main duties will be:-
– Ensure assignment of highly experienced team of professionals with directly applicable tools and experience in optimizing, engineering, designing, procuring materials and equipment, constructing, and commissioning of the same or similar plants.
– Ensure that Project Execution plan is developed addressing proactive control of project scope, quality, cost and schedule, report on progress, identify deviations, forecast trends, take corrective actions when necessary, promote communications, and coordinate the activities of all participants on the project.
– Manage the formal and systematic development of scope, schedule, responsibility, quality and cost on task-by-task basis to allocate responsibility and focus on project goals.
– Organize a review if use of existing equipment specifications, design criteria, P&ID’s, and other work product previously developed for similar plans of this size can be quickly adapted to provide an early advantage in meeting the project’s technical, cost and schedule goals.
– Establish and maintain open and continuous lines of communication between project management, owner, contractors, and other project participants.
– Involve project management, owner, contractors, and other project personnel in both planning and decision making.
– Provide continuous involvement of the key management personnel to provide the oversight, commitment, experience and attention to the project.
– Evaluate and monitor performance of the project.
– Ensure implementation of staff competency development plans.
Ideally you will have a Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 25 years of experience in a crude oil refinery. You will have at least 20 years’ of experience in a similar position and ideally previous experience the GCC.
You will have experience in PMC / EPC organisation in the field of Refinery / Petrochemicals industries in handling commissioning of major projects of value not less than $500 million each.
You will have strong leadership skills with strong technical skills, management skills, negotiation skills, conflict resolution and have knowledge of SHELL standards.
You will have a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in MicroSoft Office. You will need excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal in English.
SPIE Oil & Gas Services promotes diversity. All our positions are suitable for disabled people.
How to Apply
- Sign-in or Register for an account.
- Update your resume.
- While viewing a job you are interested in, click on "Apply Now" to apply for that particular job.
- Your application process is complete and your resume will be passed on to the Recruiter.