About Gulf Bank
Gulf Bank was established in 1960 and has since progressed to becoming an industry-leading financial services provider complemented by a large network of 55 branches strategically positioned in key locations across Kuwait.
The main groups of the Bank are Consumer Banking, Corporate Banking, International Banking and Treasury.
- Post all non-standard cheques received through the normal clearing, after ensuring that the numbers of cheques received is correct as per the Central Bank schedule.
- Verify technical details of the cheques and signature for accurate posting.
- Receive Branches and Corporate/International Banking approvals/rejections for cheques with insufficient balance, and pass/reverse cheques accordingly.
- Complete final posting according to the feedback received from the Branches/RMs and balance clearing.
- Maintain reports in the file for future reference.
- Check the technical details of all standard cheques received through the Kuwait Electronic Cheque Clearing System (KECCS).
- Verify the customers’ signatures on all standard cheques and accept to pass to the sending bank within the timelines and before the session ends.
- In case of discrepancy, assign the correct reason for return and reject the cheque, and balance
B. Outward Clearing:
- Check the technical details of all standard cheques received from branches through KECCS.
- Pass the correct ones within the timelines according to the assigned session (T+0/T+1).
- Send the incomplete/incorrect cheques back to the receiving branch for repair
- Confirm verification of technical details of the non-standard cheques and ensure prompt delivery of clearing mails to the receiving banks.
- Verify Clearing Report branch-wise with the respective cheques to ensure accuracy before preparation of delivery to Central Bank
A. Policies & Procedures:
- Follow all operational procedures and assist new team members by communicating the same
- Comply to Basel II framework for all banking operations
Corporate governance & compliance: Work fully within:
- – risk policies and procedures
- – all compliance regulations
Higher Secondary School Certificate / Diploma in Banking Operations
Good understanding of banking procedures
1-3 years of banking operations experience
d) Generic & Specific Skills:
- MS Office proficient
- Bilingual in English and Arabic
- Communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
- Sign-in or Register for an account.
- Update your resume.
- While viewing a job you are interested in, click on "Apply Now" to apply for that particular job.
- Your application process is complete and your resume will be passed on to the Recruiter.