Responsibilities of Position:
• HSE Manager for Ammunition Supply Point Operation in Kuwait. Responsible for day to day receive, store and issue management of ammunition.
• Leads, directs, coaches, and motivates employees in a results-oriented way and ensures direct reports engage their employees in the same manner through empowerment, ownership, accountability, and safety operational excellence.
• Collaborates with site, divisional and corporate leadership to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the production efforts and processes to eliminate unsafe actions while complying with all federal, state, and local entities.
Drives the understanding and implementation of the Health H&SE management system.
• Demonstrates depth and breadth of knowledge in the area of hazard recognition, evaluation and control.
• Measure the effectiveness of Operational Excellence / HS&E strategies and programs in a fact based and objective manner.
• Complete Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental audits.
• Recommend, justify, implement, and manage safety devices, equipment, and/or products that help protect employees and customers and mitigate losses.
• Attain assigned objectives such as Employee Injury Frequency, Serious Injury Frequency, and other objectives as assigned.
• Serve as liaison to external professional organizations and regulatory groups.
• Leads environmental initiatives and legislative activities to ensure development and implementation of proactive and comprehensive environmental compliance initiatives.
• Manages location’s Safety and Loss Prevention, Regulatory training Occupational Health, and Waste Management efforts.
• Provides leadership to ensure world class HS&E objectives are met and achieved ensuring customer expectations are identified and fulfilled, and regulatory compliance is achieved and maintained.
• Champions the use for applicable quality processes to support the business.
• Provides leadership to motivate and stimulate employees and staff to actively support vision and purpose.
• Ensures that the location is in compliance with all federal, state or local laws, and corporate and/or other regulatory agency requirements.
• Ability to work in an ever changing environment and drive to continuously improve work practices aligned with HOS maturity.
• Performs all other duties as assigned
• Position is guided by corporate/program HS&E objectives.
• Position has a functional reporting relationship to HTSI HS&E VP.
• Responsible to facility, complex, or group management.
• Represents the location externally on OSHA, EPA, and federal or state agency hearings and provide expert testimony which may impact regulatory development.
• Direct supervision and technical guidance on any HS&E discipline to include contractor safety.
• Drives execution of tactical and strategic initiatives in order to eliminate hazards and reduce or eliminate the associated risks
• Provide leadership, strategic planning and strong subject matter expertise that ensures appropriate H&S systems and resources are in place.
• Must work effectively with executives, supervisors, and managers in many operations and support organizations.
Key Success Factors:
• Demonstrated leadership in DoD logistics projects
• Understands and has technical competency managing Army ammunition receipt, storage, issue, maintenance and retrograde operations
• Demonstrated success in high OPTEMPO/real-world contingency operations.
Experience and Education:
• Minimum four (4) year college degree required from an accredited educational institution, recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
• Minimum of six (6) years’ direct experience in occupational and industrial safety.
• Knowledge of explosive safety, health and safety plans, proper munitions storage procedures, vehicle safety, and material safety hazards.
• Must be fluent in the English language. Must be able to pass a background National Agency Check prior to employment.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
• Working knowledge of applicable Kuwait, US Federal or applicable DoD ordinances.
• Ability to successfully link team to customers and meet customer expectations. Ability to develop team’s technical expertise to ensure full compliance with local, state and federal regulations and Honeywell policies.
• Ability to integrate team activities and initiatives with other site teams.
• Knowledge of company policies, procedures and programs as they relate to administration, Health, Safety and Environmental efforts.
• Ability to apply this knowledge to program development and implementation with excellent oral and written skills.
• Ability to compile data for reports and presentations.
• Ability to lead, motivate, and influence others to obtain objectives with direct support staffs.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
How to Apply
- Sign-in or Register for an account.
- Update your resume.
- While viewing a job you are interested in, click on "Apply Now" to apply for that particular job.
- Your application process is complete and your resume will be passed on to the Recruiter.