1. Teaching up to 30 students with a variety of strengths and weaknesses in a self contained classroom.
2. Assessing how each child learns best and then planning and developing creative teaching and learning activities using the modified Ontario curriculum and the supporting resources.
3. Preparing weekly lesson plans in a timely manner, submitting unit plans before each quarter and long term plans in September to the Academic Coordinator/Vice-Principal.
4. Records Management: A detailed pupil working file is kept on each student. The file includes copies of interim, progress and end of term pupil reports, medical reports and educational assessments. Information of student attendance, behavior and results of assessments are to be posted on Quick School, the school ERP system and School Information System (RenWeb)
5. Use of Technology: Develop and update teaching resources on Curriculum trak and effective deliverance through Smart boards.
6. Maintaining professional competence through in-service professional development activities provided by the school.
7. It is mandatory to attend all the academic meetings as scheduled by the Principal.
8. Maintaining high standard of classroom and corridor displays which reflects the work of the students.
9. Supporting other members of the faculty during short leaves of absence.
10. Administering tests as per the academic program.
11. Communicating with parents and school on pupil progress regularly.
1. Submitting plans for field trips two prior weeks to the trip.
2. Participating in one mandatory afterschool extracurricular activity which develops the after school program and helps to develop school teams that participate competitively at various levels representing the school.
3. Teachers are also expected to participate in weekly school assemblies and all school events.
4. It is mandatory to attend scheduled meetings for extra-curricular activities.
How to Apply
- Sign-in or Register for an account.
- Update your resume.
- While viewing a job you are interested in, click on "Apply Now" to apply for that particular job.
- Your application process is complete and your resume will be passed on to the Recruiter.