DRS Technologies, Inc.
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Global Enterprise Solutions, Inc. successfully delivers quality systems and services to CONUS and overseas units. Our systems solutions encompass broad data distribution networks and complex telecommunications systems for data, voice and video applications over integrated satellite, terrestrial, and wireless networks. Our proven service history of engineering, installing, operating and maintaining innovative, low-risk, and cost-effective communications resources illustrates our commitment to supporting military, commercial, and relief efforts at home and around the globe.
Job Location: Arifjan, Kuwait
Job Title: Helpdesk Technician – Rep III Field Service
The individual selected for this position will be part of a 24×7 helpdesk operation located in Kuwait. The helpdesk staff are responsible for troubleshooting CSS VSAT’s (auto-point) systems utilizing iDirect TDMA technology. The individual will be responsible for assisting with the initial setup and installation as well as troubleshooting any issues with the end user; dispatching remote technicians to provide maintenance and/or repair as necessary; processing of trouble tickets, monitoring the satellite based networks; processing RMA’s; and providing reports to higher level command groups.
May supervise the operation and maintenance of communication network systems. Evaluates communication hardware and software, troubleshoots LAN/MAN/WAN and network related problems. Provides technical expertise for performance and configuration of networks. Schedules conversions and cutovers. Oversees network control center. Supervises maintenance of systems. Supports design requirements of military secure and non-secure voice, video and data networks. Responsibilities include protocol analysis, knowledge of common network protocols, high speed network topologies and satellite networks, and current computer operating systems and protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily duties include but not limited to:
- Analyzes task requirements to determine functional and cross-functional requirements.
- Applies a wide range of analytical techniques, assessments, and other measures in evaluating data to reach appropriate conclusions
- Translates/recommends processes and procedures to ensure proper consideration of programmatic, technical, and management factors for overall program mgmt successes. Identifies resources required for each task
- Actively monitor the network utilizing iDirect’s Network Management System (NMS) as well as various other commercially based applications
- Provide thorough troubleshooting with the end user via email or phone on the initial setup, network acquisition, and all other hardware related issues associated with the VSAT; if issues cannot be resolved via the phone helpdesk will dispatch a further deployed technician to the site
- Helpdesk staff serve as a higher level CSS VSAT repair technicians
- Complete daily and weekly reports on time as required
- Distribute outage notifications to the appropriate customer base
- Analyzes network characteristics (traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput to ensure the network is operating above nominal standards
- Assists in the planning of satellite transitions, cutovers and site configurations
- Maintain inventories for site equipment to include test equipment
- Document and communicate network and systems event status using established systems and business practices
- Provide timely escalations and notifications as required by procedure and maintain the trouble ticket process.
- Utilize & understand signal flow and network diagrams
- Assist technicians with the satellite provisioning process
- The telecommunications specialist II may supervise the operation and maintenance of communication network systems.
- Evaluates communication hardware and software, troubleshoots LAN/MAN/WAN and network related problems.
- Provides technical expertise for performance and configuration of networks. Schedules conversions and cutovers.
- Oversees network control center.
- Supervises maintenance of systems.
- Supports design requirements of military secure and non-secure voice, video and data networks. Responsibilities include protocol analysis, knowledge of common network protocols, high speed network topologies and satellite networks, and current computer operating systems and protocols.
- Complete additional tasks as assigned
Basic Qualifications (including education and years of experience required)
- Bachelor’s degree OR Six additional years of related experience may substitute for the degree requirement
- Two years experience in communications software, hardware or networks.
- May be required to meet requirements of 8570.01M (i.e. security plus)
- Must possess an active SECRET clearance
- Familiarity with DIACAP process and requirements highly desired.
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Experience working with DOD networks, related systems and applications
- 2 years of experience in programming and operating iDirect, Linkway or Comtech Modems
- Experience with CSS VSAT, CAISI, iDirect NMS
- Experience and knowledge of Autopoint satellite systems and tracstar antennas
- Experience in general satellite Network Operations or Field Services requirements
- Understand the unique operational and technical complexities of Land Mobile VSAT systems
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change; able to handle adversity and maintain effectiveness
Physical Requirements (lifting, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, etc.)
Capable of successfully completing a physical as outlined and approved by an approved deployment center.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #CA #CS
How to Apply
- Sign-in or Register for an account.
- Update your resume.
- While viewing a job you are interested in, click on "Apply Now" to apply for that particular job.
- Your application process is complete and your resume will be passed on to the Recruiter.