Experienced marine design manager required for a major oil & gas project in Kuwait. Adept Personnel are currently assigned to one of the worlds leading multi disciplinary EPC contractors who have recently been awarded a 2.6 billion USD project within the region and is due to complete in 2020.
General Role & Responsibility
- Responsible for the design of marine work and geotechnical engineering.
- Manage and coordinate with design consultants on marine design elements such as dredging, reclamation, navigational works, other marine structures like jetties, seawater intake & outfall structure and tank foundation.
- Liaise and coordination of interfaces among internal parties, other departments and all project staff to ensure project meets end-user requirements and project approval and timely completion of the work.
- Deal with Internal and Client technical queries and requests.
- Provide technical and practical advice to the sub-contractor’s key personnel.
- Maintain an interface to ensure uniformity of approach, common targets and the use of best practice.
- Maintain an interface between other Engineering service streams to ensure best knowledge of business opportunities, common approaches and joint targets.
- Attended weekly / monthly meetings with project team and client.
- Plan, direct and coordinate all marine objectives related offshore activities such as dredging / reclamation / soil improvement, marine structures, tank foundation, etc.
- Management for field trials (V/F, RIC), pre/post soil investigation, ZLT, pile load tests and monitoring.
- Prediction / calculation of settlements; validation of hydrogeological / groundwater / seismic impacts
- Deal with geological hazards like landslides, soil erosion and, in some extreme conditions, earthquakes.
- Master Degree of Geotechnical Engineering
- Excellent English and Communication skills.
- Minimum of 15 yr. exp. as geotechnical Engineer in similar site
- Minimum of 3 yr. exp. as lead geotechnical design engineer in marine work.
- Self-motivated and Leadership as team leader.
- Middle East experience.
- Previous Contractor experience in Marine, Offshore, Oil and Gas field essential
- Fluent in English
How to Apply
- Sign-in or Register for an account.
- Update your resume.
- While viewing a job you are interested in, click on "Apply Now" to apply for that particular job.
- Your application process is complete and your resume will be passed on to the Recruiter.