Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting a degree qualified Buildings General Superintendent with extensive Oil and Gas or Petrochemical experience to supervise and coordinate the activities of Buildings Superintendents and Engineers on site. The assignment will be a two-year site assignment in Kuwait.
The Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC) is implementing a major project, the Clean Fuel Project (CFP) which comprises the upgrade of two existing refineries. The Clean Fuels Project is a major upgrade and expansion of the existing Mina Al-Ahmadi (MAA) and Mina Abdullah (MAB) refineries. The objective is to increase the overall throughput by 264,000 bpsd to 800,000 bpsd and to increase conversion of fuel oil to higher value products to meet expected market demand and specs for low sulphur content transport fuels. The overall project value is approximately 14-15 billion US dollars. KNPC have awarded the Clean Fuels Project to multiple EPC contractors.
- Be fully familiar with the contract requirements, policies and procedures and ensure that those requirements relating to the site operations are implemented
- Ensure that the Health, Safety, Environment, Security (HSES) and quality policy is understood and implemented by Company personnel and construction contractors
- Ensure that the project achieves its objectives in respect of HSES, quality, cost and schedule
- Oversee the completion and Turnover of the Permanent Installation, and obtain Client Acceptance of the completed works
- Ensure local infrastructure and support including, but not limited to, accommodation, transportation, government relations, and security are in place to support the mobilisation of assignees to the respective site locations
- Communicate the construction requirements to EPC contractor and staff and coordinate the work of the contractors ensuring compliance and conformance with the safety plan, quality plan and Client requirements
- Ensure that all personnel on site are instructed and motivated with respect to health, safety and environmental requirements, and comply with the site regulations and permit to work procedures
- Ensure all EPC construction contractors’ supervision and labour adhere strictly to the project drawings, specifications, standards and procedures
- Management and guidance of supervision to ensure site productivity and efficiency result in meeting contract targets
- In conjunction with the Chief Field Engineer or Quality Control Manager, review the project site quality plan and ensure the inspection roles for supervisors and assigned staff are understood and implemented. Monitor the performance of witness, inspection and surveillance checks, and discuss and agree the appropriate assignment of resources to ensure the inspection requirements are fulfilled
- Ensure that the completion, acceptance and handover procedures are progressively implemented, and that parts of the work are not put into initial operation until the plant has been accepted by the Client
Skills / Qualifications
- Civil / Building degree is essential
- Extensive track record in building construction within Oil & Gas and Power or Petrochemical sector
- Considerable experience of supervising Construction staff to achieve effective construction execution
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
How to Apply
- Sign-in or Register for an account.
- Update your resume.
- While viewing a job you are interested in, click on "Apply Now" to apply for that particular job.
- Your application process is complete and your resume will be passed on to the Recruiter.